BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Technologies (Top Up, Final Year), Derby, UK
(Top Up, Final Year)
電腦 及 資訊科技 榮譽學位 (一年銜接學位)
University of Derby, UK
Top up Final Year Degree for Holders of
Advanced Diploma / Higher Diploma / Associate Degree / Professional Qualifications
University of Derby
The University of Derby, with origins traced back to 1851, is accredited by British Royal Charter. The University consists of Derby campus and Buxton campus that opened by Prince Charles. In 1995, the University became a charity.
The University offers a wide range of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. In addition to on-campus study, the University offers an extensive of e-Learning programmes. There are 20,000 students, of whom more than 1,300 overseas students from around 100 countries worldwide.
University of Derby is an accredited University under British Royal Charter
University of Derby
– Gold Standard Award
Teaching Excellence Framework 2017,
Department of Education, UK
– Ranked 75 out of 131 Universities
Times Good University Guide, 2019
– Ranked no. 7 in the East Midlands Region, UK
(The Complete University Guide, 2010)
– Ranked 54 out of 109 Universities in UK
(Times Higher Education, Annual National Student Experience Survey, 2009)
– Ranked 12 in the UK out of 151 Universities for employability,
ahead of Cambridge (20th) and Oxford (72nd). (HESA, 2013)
– Business courses at Derby are rated ‘Excellent’, with a rating of 22 out of 24
(UK Quality Assurance Agency)
– The Law School was rated in the top 5
(National Student Satisfaction Survey, 2009)
About the Programme
You can top up your previous studies in a computing related subject to a full Honours degree by studying the final one year of the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Technology degree.
The course will allow you to deepen your knowledge and understanding through research, case studies and practical skills-based projects. With a core focus on professional ethics and the wide-ranging impact of computing technologies in society, the programme will support learners in acquiring crucial skills which underpin the duties and responsibilities of today’s computing professionals.
This qualification will set you on a positive path to successfully furthering your career. The course particularly focusses on gaining confidence and skills in:
– Problem solving
– Completing incisive research, analysis, & reporting
– Formulating an ethical position in relation to the development, manufacture, proliferation and disposal of digital systems.
– Designing, documenting and testing computer programmes and/or hardware
– Critically evaluating and advising on emerging technologies
– Working effectively within a team and communicating with others
You can study at home, at work, anywhere, anytime that suit you. All you need is a computer with internet access.
Your study materials will be available through the internet. You’re supported through the course by your tutor who is only a click away. You will also get the opportunity to interact with likeminded peers across the world through discussion forums.
Who should take this course
Those wishing to progress within the Computing and IT sector such as:
– IT support engineers, desk top engineers, network engineers, electrical engineers
– Systems administrators, IT technicians and IT teachers
There is always a demand for IT graduates. As an IT graduate you will find career opportunities in virtually any area of computing and information technology, anywhere in the world.
This programme is designed for those who wish to advance their knowledge and understanding of important aspecs of Computing and Information Technologies in order to enhance career opportunities, or to prepare themselves for postgraduate research.
It will provide you with highly transferable subject, academic and practical skills which are widely sought by today’s computing and information technologies employers.
Alternatively, you could choose to continue your studies with a masters degree at the School of Computing.
e.g., MSc Information Technology
“The University is making sure that we leave fully educated and prepared to gain a career in our chosen field. Throughout my studies there has been a lot of information and guidance relating to the ultimate goal of attaining a career.” Alex Nazaruk
“Derby degree programme made it accessible for me to achieve my ambition of gaining a degree without having to attend classes weekly, enabling me to continue with my studies whilst maintaining a full time job.” Karen Finucare
“It is an enjoyable and career enhancing experience that fitted around my busy work commitments and family life.” Richard Hopkins
“There was plenty of interaction between tutors and students to help me.” Elly Philips
The programme consists of practical modules that provide you with immediate benefits in your workplace.
– Computing Technologies in Society
– Research Project
Optional Modules (choose 3 from the following list)
– Web Development: Creating Effective Applications
– Network Management and Security
– Database Fundamentals
– Distributed Applications and Web Services
– Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking: An Introduction
– Software Engineering: Creating Quality Products
– Internet of Things: An Introduction
You can complete the final stage of programme in 1 to 2 years depending on your study pace.
You’ll be assessed in a mix of coursework, examination and project, etc..
You need to have one of the following:
– HND (in computing area) or NARIC recognised equivalent qualification, e.g.,
– Australian Advanced Diploma at AQF Level 6
– BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development (2010 QCF)
– British Computer Society (BCS) Diploma in IT (level 5) – including completion of the professional project
Holders of any other Certificate / Diploma / Higher Diploma / Advanced Diploma / Associate Degree / Graduate Diploma / Professional Diploma / Professional Qualifications, etc. will also be considered on individual basis.
English language proficiency requirement:
IELTS 6.0 or equivalent, if your previous academic / professional qualifications was not assessed by English.
Open for application now
Click here to download
For detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
– online by click here
– by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251
– by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme information is correct at time of publish. The University reserves the right to make variations to the programme schedules, contents, information and fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
All contents and information, including but not limited to forms and navigation links, are proprietary to Success Institute of Higher Education and Professional Training Limited (Success Institute) and are subjected to copyright protection. Republication, redistribution or unauthorized use of any content or information contained in this website is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Success Institute.